Evolved Packet Core Quadruples Year over Year in 1Q12, According to Dell’Oro Group
Juniper with its MobileNext product recognized revenue for the first time in 1Q12, and relative newcomer, Alcatel-Lucent, now represents almost 8 percent of the hot growing evolved packet core segment.
"The most powerful driver for the Wireless Packet Core market today is LTE," said Chris DePuy, Analyst of Wireless Packet Core at Dell'Oro Group. "Service providers are experiencing significant growth in LTE subscribers, leading to an accelerated pace of deployment for evolved packet core equipment. There is a lot of change in the vendor landscape as demonstrated by Cisco's success in expanding beyond its traditional North American territory. We also expect other technologies beyond LTE to propel sales of Wireless Packet Core such as WiFi," added DePuy.
About the Report
About Dell'Oro Group
SOURCE Dell'Oro Group
- Evolved Packet Core Sales Surge 72 Percent Year-over-Year, According to Exact Ventures
- Wireless Packet Core (WPC) Market Grew 21% in the Fourth Quarter of 2011, According to Dell’Oro Group
- Wireless LAN Market Sales Up 18 Percent Y/Y in First Quarter, According to Dell’Oro Group
- Wireless LAN Infrastructure Market Posts Record $1.7B in Fourth Quarter, According to Dell’Oro Group
- DOCSIS 3.0 CPE Shipments Growing Rapidly, According to Dell’Oro Group