Proofpoint names executive vice president of product management and marketing
David Knight comes to Proofpoint from Cisco Systems, where as CTO for the Collaboration Software Group he was responsible for product and technical vision and strategy, product management, and user experience.
"David brings a wealth of SaaS product management and corporate leadership experience to this position," said Gary Steele, Proofpoint CEO. "His track record in bringing enterprise solutions to market at Cisco and WebEx is impressive, and I'm confident that he'll play a pivotal role at Proofpoint as we continue to rapidly grow market share for our SaaS security, compliance and archiving offerings."
Knight joined Cisco as part of its acquisition of cloud-based conferencing and collaboration vendor WebEx Communications. At WebEx, Knight held a variety of roles including vice president of product management. Earlier he was vice president of marketing and product management at SaaS pioneer Portera Systems and an entrepreneur in residence at Institutional Venture Partners. Knight also held executive positions at Sybase and Oracle.
"I was attracted to Proofpoint by its compelling market opportunity, outstanding enterprise customer list and deep intellectual property," said Knight. "Virtually every organization today is struggling with how to enable secure communication and collaboration while ensuring security, protecting privacy and complying with an increasingly complex regulatory landscape. I'm excited to be part of the exceptional team at Proofpoint tackling this challenge."
- Virtualization Solutions Provider, UltraLevel, Inc., Names Marshall Lucas Managing Consultant
- Climate Savers Computing Targets Seamless Interaction Between Power Management and Software Apps
- : Comptel User Group Survey Identifies Customer Experience Management as Significant Opportunity for Operators
- Kratos Releases Newest Versions of NeuralStar and dopplerVUE Network Management Products
- Avotus to Participate in Cisco Live’s World of Solutions