South Africa : HCL Launches South Africa Glocal Centre of Excellence Offering Customer and Partner Support for Cisco Solutions throughout Africa [TendersInfo (India)]
HCL's already established Global Cisco Hub in India has over 15 years' experience in creating engineering talent in advanced technologies. The Johannesburg GCoE which is also operated by HCL, will align with the India hub to address the skills shortage for advanced technologies in both regions. HCL has already trained an initial batch of 26 local engineers who are already deployed on key projects in five regional hubs across South Africa, with plans to train 100 engineers at the centre over next 12 months.
The launch of the South Africa Hub capitalizes on HCL's core strength in training large numbers of engineers and will see this strategy expanded further and rolled out on a wider base. The GCoE will serve customers either directly and indirectly through HCL's partner network throughout Africa, It will also service clients by developing ICT skill sets thus ultimately creating trained local personnel to deploy and manage advanced solutions. The centre will support a number of vertical sectors including Service Providers, BFSI, the Public Sector , Retail and Mining industry, and joins existing GCoEs in the US and EU in running dedicated recruitment and training programs for college graduates. A pilot programme running at centers in Seattle, WA and Cary, NC in the US, Helsinki in Finland, Krakow in Poland and Dublin in Ireland has already provided a platform for developing IT skill pool in local communities through collaboration with anchor customers and universities.
(c) 2012 Euclid Infotech Pvt. Ltd. Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
- HCL Launches South Africa Glocal Centre of Excellence Offering Customer and Partner Support for Cisco Solutions throughout Africa
- SOUTH AFRICA : Using technology for health [TendersInfo (India)]
- South Africa Submits Bid to Host the Square Kilometre Array Radio Telescope [press release]
- NextiraOne launches new Data Centre Offering based on Cisco’s Newest 3rd Generation Fabric Computing Platform
- UNITED STATES : Next Communications implements Cisco technology for IP NGN offering [TendersInfo (India)]